Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A trip to the Mexico City Temple

Mi Familia!! It is great to hear from you! I love reading your emails every week. Yes it is still hard for me being disconnected from the world, aka cell phones instagram, facebook, all that great stuff, but I actually really enjoy the peace of mind.  Where do I begin.  First, I would like to thank you all for your love and support it really boosts my confidence each day.

Today we went to the Temple!! It was awesome and is so beautiful, its crazy. We were all stoked out of our minds to be able to get out of the prison walls. Haha, jk  Mexico City is very very poor and a guy told us that for every square mile there is about 13,000 people which is insane!  The temple is incredible even though we could only go to the visitors center since it is closed.  I am so thankful to be able to get out and see it.  I was starting to think that we were not going to be able to go.

Mexico City Temple
Jason, his companion and roomies

Temple Excursion


Mexico City
Mexico City
 Tonight is Costco pizza night!!  The highlight of my week.  American food is too good plus it made me miss the days of working at Costco in St G. haha.   On Sunday we had our first fast and testimony meeting out in the field. We fasted from 1pm on Saturday to 1pm on Sunday it was so hard.   I bore my testimony all in Spanish to our whole zone, it was awesome! The spirit was so strong in that chapel.  I am getting really good at being able to hear what everyone is saying but speaking I am still shaky, but I am slowly, very slowly improving. So during sacrament meeting we had all the windows down because there is no AC here.  While they were starting the sacrament, we start to hear music playing loud throughout the city.  It took a second for me to recognize it, but once I did I started to laugh.  ha   It was SANDSTORM a song that my friends and I used to love back in our clubbing and high school days. haha   It brought back so many memories.  Let me be clear, it was dead silent in the chapel, and the music was blaring.  haha  So all the elders were just trying not to laugh it was too funny.



Hey..."I am talking to YOU!"

We had a devotional with Jeffery R Holland that night on a broadcast.  My favorite apostle.. he is literally the BOMB.com.  He spoke with such power and passion.  I just loved every minute of it!  The apostles are just too good.. love their words, and I am so stoked for conference! SO yesterday Elder Dougherty and I had the best day of our mission so far. We taught Fabian and another elder some lessons. We both spoke so well, and we truly listened and were able to understand almost all he said it was great!  We got him to pray and he said he would begin the Book of Mormon.   We hope he reads it..   Even though he is our teacher, it still feels like a real investigator.


Peace!
How are things at home though?  I have a quote I found in preach my gospel that really spoke to me. I would like to share it with you in hopes that it can help you as well.  It says, "life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of PATIENCE is required"- President Thomas S. Monson.
That spoke to me like nothing I have ever heard because let’s be honest, I am the most impatient person in the world haha so that helps motivate me to try to be better each day.  I’m not perfect and nobody is.  Believe me, I still have temptations here like I did back home.  It’s just how we respond and how we act upon them that truly matters. I hope you all like my pics I send home.  It is kinda hard deciding what to take pictures of.

Well I love you all very much! Thanks for all you do for me I can never repay you for it. To my friends back home, love you guys keep up the good work in whatever you do with school, work etc.  Mi famila, Yo se que familas son eternal! Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y es amoroso. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y Redentor del mundo. Estoy muy muy agradecido por mi familia y mis amigos en mi vida. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta del mundo hoy en el nombre de Jesucristo amen. Love you guys! Look forward to your next email stay safe and know I love you!

Love,
Elder Woffinden  (aka) Superman



1 comment:

  1. He sounds great! That is so nice they got to get out to the temple. I loved how he mentioned Costco pizza night!!

    ReplyDelete