Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Baptism on Easter Sunday, What a Great Way to Thank the Lord.

Hola familia!!

Como estan? Life sounds good back home, and it sounds like you all had a pretty good Pascua! Yes, I got the package you sent and thanks so much!! It really was so awesome, and I loved the Laker cup and Superman shirt!!  Did the grandparents get the letter I sent a while back? Tell them I say hi and love them! I’m so glad you got the text that T sent you after the baptism, haha. I was hoping you would respond back soon and you did, just as we were about to leave. It was so good to have you respond back so quickly!

T on his baptism day, Easter Sunday.
The baptism was awesome! T was so pumped, and so were we, haha. He asked me to baptize him last Monday and I was shocked and thought he was joking at first, haha. But I accepted even though I was terrified to do it in front of the whole ward. I was so nervous when it was time for me to baptize him even though I had practiced the prayer at least a 1000 times. I paused for about 10 seconds, and then I baptized him. It all went very well for my first time.

Today we went to the Los Angeles Temple. We left at 5 in the morning, so I am very tired right now, ha. It was so cool! The temple is way nice and it’s huge! I didn’t know this temple was so big, I was impressed. On the way there we drove past downtown LA and, of course, the Staples Center was on the right side of the freeway. I was mesmerized by it until we couldn’t see it anymore, haha. You can see the Hollywood sign from the temple
The Los Angeles Temple is beautiful and it's HUGE!
way off in the distance, so now I can say I saw it on my mission. The temple was a very enjoyable and relaxing experience for me.

Well, this week was good and crazy, ha. It was pretty slow at the beginning, but on Wednesday I was on an exchange with Elder Jenkins and we went to a house for a quick lesson. Afterwards they invited us to eat lunch with them, which we of course were excited about, haha. Anyway, they brought out a bowl of peppers, and I can’t remember the name of the pepper, but I tried one and WOW! I honestly about died! It was one of the hottest things I have ever eaten. It hurt to talk, breathe, and even drink liquids, haha. But, that’s not the worst part. The next morning I woke up so sick to my stomach, I felt horrible. To make a long story short, I was sick for 3 days and wasn’t able to do any work on a bike because I had to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, it was horrible! Thankfully I got better on Sunday morning, an Easter miracle, and was able to go to church.

Elder H and I are doing great. We get along very well and he makes things fun even in the hard times. We are having more success and we have 4 new investigators that I’m hoping will stick with it and allow us to share our message with them.

That pretty much sums up my week--got sick, had a great first baptism, got some new investigators we are hoping to teach this week and then went to the temple today, so yeah, it was a pretty great week. I hope this week goes well for you all! I wish Meg and Ashley have a happy birthday! I love you guys so much and I miss you daily. Stay safe and thanks for all your love and support!!  Hasta luego familia!

Elder Woffinden

No comments:

Post a Comment