Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teaching with my homie, Elder Pecht!

HEY!! What’s up family!! Hey thanks again for the emails! I love hearing how everything is going.  This week has been pretty good.  We taught 2 families that are showing really good potential in progressing with hearing the message so I’m hoping for this week to be a good one.  Tonight we are having a noche de hogar con la famila E and it’s going to be on the Holy Ghost and how we can feel he answers our questions through our feelings and thoughts etc.  We are also going to be teaching a non-member tonight as well.   I really hope the lesson goes well!  Pray for my Spanish haha.  It needs all the help it can get! We also have the Obispo (bishop) say that he could come out tonight to teach C and N, a really solid family we found.   They really have no background of religion besides being Catholic by tradition and never actually acting on their faith.   So tonight should be great!

Well this week I went on exchanges with Elder Pecht! It was so sweet! Just two homies from home in the same mission is pretty sweet! We had a really great day even though we had to cover both his and my area which is giant! So we were in the car for the whole day. ha.  We had to cover my area therefore meaning it was Spanish and Elder Pecht doesn’t speak Spanish at all.  We had a couple lessons planned for the afternoon that I knew I was going to be the only one who could communicate to these people and I was trippin!  Ha I was so scared and I was dreading the hour when it came because it was all on my shoulders to teach, understand, and extend commitments.  So Elder Pecht gave me just the best pump up speech in the world on how I am going to just give a bomb lesson and everything is going to be great and to not have any worries. Then once we arrived he said, “Well with all that being said, this should be fun to watch!" haha and I about died.  She wasn’t home...  so I didn’t have to give the lesson after all.  Then we saw one of our old investigators in the street and he invited us to come inside.   Then I did have to give the lesson in all Spanish so I couldn’t escape.  Ha ha.  The lesson went well, but it was for sure bad Spanish, but it was a funny moment for us to experience together.

This week Elder H and I made some new goals.  One was to sit by a new family every week at church to get to know them and become friends.   Missionary work doesn’t work without the members!  It’s so true, knocking doors and contacting in the streets only get you so far so we hope to build a good relationship with them.

You said you wanted to know more about Elder H...  Well he is the District leader here and he has been out for 9 months.  He has the best ties in the mission in my opinion. haha   We get along pretty good he brought some weights with him from his last apartment so we lift in the mornings now.  We both are meat head junkies that loved to pump iron before we came out so we get along great. ha  We have a zone meeting coming up on the 18th of July and we are going to the temple on the 8th!   That means my next p-day won’t be until next Tuesday, so plan on that.  I’m doing good and things are moving along and improving slowly but surely.  I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for all the love and support!!

Hasta luego!

Elder Woffinden

No time to send any pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment