Monday, January 18, 2016

My Last Sermon.

The Mann's have been super good to us here.
Well, this is it. To begin, I cannot believe how fast two years can really pass by. I remember my first week in la CMM in Mexico City and having thoughts such as, "Wow two years... that's a long time!" Or, "can I actually do this?" At times on my mission I really didn't think it was possible or that I even wanted to complete it. However, I changed and I grew to love my mission, the people, my companions and even the people who I wanted to hit in the head with a two by four because of the trouble they would give us, haha.

This really has been the best two years of my life, and I HATED it when people would say that back home. I always thought it was tacky or fake but, it really is true!! I have grown so much by living gospel standards and trying to put my will behind God's and allowing him to work through me. Was I perfect at that? No. But, we can't live a perfect life or even serve a perfect mission, so that's why we have the Atonement and all eternity to better ourselves!! I have come to know for myself that this gospel is true. How? By simply living it. You can't say something doesn't work or will work in your life if you don't try it out first, and I have and I have loved every minute of it! The experiences I have gained from these two years of service will forever live in my heart, and I will always love the people whom I have served, taught, and associated with. Christ lives and is our Savior and Redeemer and God our Father loves us and has provided us with everything we have for the benefit of his children and to help us return back to Him.

Our good buddies, the Gallacher family.
Thanks to everyone for the support, love and prayers from back home or here in good 'ol' Cali!! Gracias por todo que han hecho para mi!! Les quiero a todos de ustedes! No puedo esperar por los momentos buenos que tendremos juntos en poco tiempo! Me encanta la mision!! y ahora tengo que enfocarme en la obra del Senor por solomente una semana mas! Les vere pronto!! Que Dios los bendiga a todos!

Okay, now to update you all on the work here :) So... Emilia will be baptized this Saturday at 11 am!!! I am super excited and she has asked the Bishop to baptize her and for me to confirm her, so I am so happy that I get to do that on my last Sunday in the mission. However, Jorge and Xochilt didn't pass the interview. It's a really long story, but I will say that they will be baptized in February!! They just have to work on their testimonies a little more. Honestly, I was super depressed when they didn't pass. President Tew interviewed them and then he came out and informed us they won't be baptized at this time. When he said that, I about broke down into tears, it was crushing because I took it personally. I felt like I had failed them and not taught them well enough. It was really hard because I love this family so much and it was my last chance to get them baptized while I'm still in the mission. But, it's not going to happen. However, I am better now and I am prepared to watch their progress from afar and hopefully attend their baptism in February!! Amelia (different one) came to church yesterday with her whole family and they loved it!! All the little kids loved Primary and were super sad to leave because they had made friends and were eating donuts, etc., haha, so I was really happy about that :)

Okay, I expect to see this in the garage waiting for me when I come home!
The work is going great here! I am happy to see you all soon but, I am also super nervous to come home. Please note my flight has changed, and I think I will be landing in Salt Lake City at around 10:15 am now, so just wait in the airport until noon and hopefully I will show up! But, thanks again for everything!

Con mucho carino,

Elder Jason Woffinden

No comments:

Post a Comment