Monday, November 23, 2015

I'm Loving Every Minute I Have Left!



My Zone in HB with Elder Zaballos and President and Sister Tew.
Hey! How is everyone doing this fine week? It has been awesome here in So CAL and I am loving every moment I have left here in the mission. Last week I received a letter from Church headquarters with my flight papers to head home... wow crazy!! So here is the info for anybody who wants it. I arrive on Tuesday, Jan. 26th at 9:49 am in the Delta Airlines Terminal 2.  So I will see you all then, ha-ha.


The work here has been going along very well. This past week has been a very 
The history of my mission...on a long board--awesome!
good one for Elder P** and myself. We didn’t teach quite as much as last week, however, we did do a lot of things better and that were more fulfilling. We have seen a lot of progress with our investigator P** as she has returned home from being out of town, and also as we have helped her with service in her life.  On Saturday we  helped her set up Christmas decorations and her Christmas lights. As we have talked to her and started to teach her, she told us how she wants to raise her two daughters in a God-centered home with morals so that they will have a much better chance of not growing up and making the same mistakes she made in her life. We set a date for her to be baptized on Dec 20th and she accepted and said she wouldn’t feel right about being baptized if her two little girls didn’t join her! So we are going to keep praying mightily for this baptism to go through.  This past week I also was able to go on exchanges with Elders H** and C**.  Both are great missionaries and both great exchanges. We found new investigators on each one and were able to set a baptism date with E** for the 20th of Dec!  


I made Elder Conway a cupcake for his Hump Day.
This week for church we had E** (inv) come to church along with M** and M** (less actives) they brought a non-member friend to church too.  However, she lives in Santa Ana so we will not be able to teach her. But at the end of Sacrament meeting we and three other members (who spoke Spanish) taught the first lesson and it went very well! She has a great desire to learn. It was really a blessing that M** came to Church!  The whole five plus months I have been here, I have never been able to help her get to church.  However, the week we didn't go to her ward and we attended another ward, she comes... ugh frustrating, ha-ha. But, I was very happy that we had a good turn out and that all is going well.

This past Friday we also had a General Authority come and visit the mission. Elder
A nice place to be if you
have nut allergies like me!
Zeballos and his wife attended our Zone Conference and spoke to us along with President and Sister Tew. It was very long but a good meeting, and it was the last zone conference of my mission which is crazy! This next week is Temple P-day so I won’t be emailing on Monday but on Tuesday instead. 


I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! I will try to not gain 40 lbs. out here this week, but who knows what will happen. I hope you all have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!! Que Dios les bendiga a todos y que tengan una buena semana :) Gracias por todo que hacen para mi! En verdad estoy muy consentido ;) 

Con mucho carino,

Elder Woffinden 




No comments:

Post a Comment