Monday, September 14, 2015

A Pretty Good Week; 4 New Investigators and $100

The Newport Beach Temple

What’s up my family? How’s it going? Thanks again for the emails. Last week we went to the Newport Temple. It is like half the size of the LA temple, but is still a very beautiful temple! We all need to go there soon, and with Kobe, no? I wish! He lives outside the mission in Newport Beach, but there is a guy in our ward that took his Bentley to the one Bentley shop in LA and Kobe’s was there getting repaired, haha. I guess his wife totaled it, haha.

As for the week I had here in Sunny HB, it was pretty good!! It was an incredibly hot and humid week which made it horrible walking around... my clothes are at that point where it shows I have been out 19 months, haha. All the pants keep getting holes, tears, stains, etc. and my shirts are pretty much gray, haha. It’s useless. I’m just looking forward to the big bon fire I am going to have when I leave to destroy all my nasty clothes!

We had a good week of finding since we found four new, pretty solid people to teach and had a lot more lessons than the past two weeks, so that is always good and positive news! In my district we did what is called a "blitz" where the other Spanish elders came into my area for a whole afternoon to help us find and teach more lessons to speed up the work here. It was very successful. We found two new investigators by doing it and have more pretty good potentials to try and go by this week.

As for everyone else we are teaching, they aren't really progressing at all. A** is awesome but still needs permission, and everyone else won’t keep commitments. However, on Saturday night we had a really good finding experience! For some reason every single time I don’t want to contact or knock on a door but overcome that urge and do it, something good happens. So, we passed by the house of a woman named L** to see if she still lived at the address written down. It was 8:00 pm and I didn't really want to be there at that street. However, she was home and answered the door and was showing interest within seconds, which caught me by surprise. When we asked her if we could share a message, she gladly accepted and opened her door to come outside. When I looked into her house I saw hundreds of wine bottles throughout the whole house! I asked her how many she had and she replied around 600 or more.... Wow, the Word of Wisdom is going to be an issue here, haha. But, we taught her the Plan of Salvation and as we did, she broke down in tears explaining the loss of her father and how he meant so much to her and how she wanted to know where he was. We explained it all to her and had a great chat. We will be returning tonight, so please pray that all goes well!!

Transfers are this week.  I can’t believe how fast that time flew by. Six weeks seems like nothing now when it used to feel like years! I am confident I am going to stay but have a feeling Elder J** is going to leave. I’m not sure, that’s just my opinion. We both have done good work down here, so I am grateful to be his companion and whatever happens, happens.

Good news! I don't have to translate at Stake Conference this Sunday! I thought for sure I was going to have to, but they said I don't have to this time, haha. Yes!! However, I have improved a ton by doing it and my partner, Elder P**, is killing it as well, so it is all good.

We had another week of service also! We got to help a guy named Mr. Huntington (yes, that is his last name, haha, and I already asked him if he owned HB, haha) move into his house by moving very heavy furniture up his 3 story house, yea...I love couches and treadmills, also a gun vault. Yeah, it nearly killed us, haha. As we were leaving, he asked us if we wanted lunch?? And we said, sure sounds awesome. He opened his wallet and hands us a one hundred dollar bill, haha! We were all, uhhh...are you sure?? He just said; please go somewhere nice, haha. Okay! It’s good being in HB.

Well, I am not sure what else to report, that’s pretty much all that has happened, but all is well here. We’re just trying to keep our heads above water. Thanks again for everything. I love you all very much!! Have a great week!!

Elder Woffinden


No comments:

Post a Comment